In light of the evolving situation in the UK with the Coronavirus pandemic, at Ethical Futures we are reviewing our policies regarding client meetings, resources and staffing to maintain our service to clients.
The health and well-being of our clients, staff and their families is our top priority. Therefore, we are trying to develop policies which minimise risk of transmission of Coronavirus (Covid-19) but support our clients and employee’s employment and support service to clients and their financial needs.
As you know, the situation is evolving daily and therefore it is hard to make specific plans. Likewise, despite politicians saying things like “work from home where possible”, that is not always practical for a small business and for staff with personal circumstances that do not lend themselves to administrative work. In addition to this, we feel we have to continue to be mindful of both delivering service to our clients and taking care of important issues such as security, data protection and quality of working environment.
Therefore, at present our policy until further notice is: –
- The office continues to be open normal office hours (9.00 am to 5.00 pm – Monday – Friday). This will be reviewed weekly or in light of government recommendations.
- We have staff members who continue to be happy to work in the office and until such time as public transport or government policy changes – we propose that will continue.
- Advisers may work remotely, so options for face to face meetings will be limited.
- In the interest of minimising the risk of coronavirus transmission we shall cease to hold face to face meetings with effect from Thursday 19th March. We shall review this policy every two weeks.
- We can offer clients the option of a ‘remote meeting’ by phone call or ‘web’ call instead of meeting in person. Please note that for ‘web meetings’ you will need to have access to reasonable quality broadband, a camera on your pc and sound card (or a smart phone). We use a system called Zoom which is relatively easy to download and get working without too much technical knowhow.
- We shall contact clients who already have appointments booked to offer them alternative to the scheduled meeting.
- We shall continue to be available to deal with questions by email and by phone.