Ethical Futures offers a great opportunity to join Scotland’s leading ethical, sustainable and responsible adviser firm. Established in 2005, ESG is not a recent ‘add-on’ service but the core of our business proposition, we believe that you can “make your money change your world”.
Ethical Futures needs a capable and enthusiastic individual to join their growing support team as an Administrator. The post incorporates the provision of administration and adviser support as well as collaboration with other team members. Working as part of a small team, it will be essential that they can work on their own initiative to help deliver a first-class service to our clients.
This is a full time, permanent position (subject to six-month probationary period).
The main role of the post will be to provide assistance to the financial advisers in provision of financial planning advice. The candidate needs to be flexible enough to undertake a range of support and administration duties, which will include:-
- Assisting the adviser in delivery of high-quality financial advice to their clients as part of the financial advice process.
- Handling initial client enquiries in person, in writing & by telephone.
- Providing on-going liaison and support for existing clients.
- Dealing with general email and postal correspondence.
- Creating & maintaining compliant client files (manual & computer based).
- Use of Intelligent Office CRM system for task management and business submissions.
- Packaging & issuing client reports and product brochures.
- Packaging submission of client applications to providers.
- Post-sales administration.
- Managing & preparing for client reviews.
- Liaising with product providers by telephone and email.
- Diary management for advisers.
- As well as these ‘key’ tasks; because it is a small team, we will need someone who is willing to ‘muck in’ and carry out some core administration work such as: -
- General correspondence and office maintenance
Established in 2005, Ethical Futures are independent financial advisers, specialising in ethical investment and financial planning. We provide full financial planning services using ethically screened investments with an emphasis on investment and pensions, as well as protection and estate planning. Our service is 100% based around the provision of values-based investment solutions, with no use of mainstream funds or investment services.
Our clients are mainly individuals but also include trusts and charities. The majority of clients are in Central Scotland but there are a growing number from other parts of the country.
We envisage that this role will suit someone with a minimum of 1–2 years relevant financial services administration experience, ideally gained within a life and pensions administration or IFA business.
The successful applicant will require: -
- excellent communications skills,
- good IT skills, including use of MS Office suite (particularly Word & Excel), MS Teams, use of back office & provider systems (experience of Intelligent Office preferred),
- a working knowledge of different types of products and related administration issues,
- an active interest in ethical investing and issues related to it,
- knowledge of financial regulations relating to the role,
- understanding general compliance requirements for processing financial transactions.
Preference will be given to those applicants who can demonstrate their knowledge by attainment of a suitable qualification such as CII Certificate in Administration, Certificate in Financial planning, FPC or similar.
We encourage staff who do not hold qualifications to undertake a relevant course of study and will support this in terms of both time and cost.
- This is a full time, permanent position (subject to six-month probationary period).
- The working week is 35 hours; hours of work are 9.00 a.m. – 5.00 p.m. Monday to Friday with an hour for lunch.
- As a result of Covid–19, we are likely to move to a hybrid form of working for all staff, subject to individual preference.
- Holiday allowance will be 20 days’ annual leave + 9 days’ public holidays.
- Remuneration for the role will be based on a fixed salary based on experience and ability.
- In addition, we shall pay a 7% employer pension contribution on basic salary (1% employee contribution).
- Group income protection.
- Working from home allowance.
- Support with both time and cost of study.
To apply please send your CV and a cover letter explaining why you are interested in the post, to: -
Ethical Futures llp
9 Mansfield Place
email to: - firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information about Ethical Futures please refer to our website https://ethicalfutures.co.uk/